
One month ago, we were told that my amniotic fluid levels were way too low and that we would be having a baby that day, instead of in 4 days like we originally thought. One month ago, we (actually Blake because I was already packed) frantically (and excitedly) ran around to finish packing before heading to the hospital, while the grandparents frantically (and excitedly) figured out how to get to the hospital before Braxton's arrival. One month ago exactly (it's 1:30 p.m. as I type this), I was sitting in a hospital bed being monitored as I waited for my doctor to finish his appointments for the day so that he could deliver Braxton. One month ago at 5:06 p.m., our lives were forever changed when the most beautiful baby entered this world! That day, along with my wedding day, was the most wonderful day of my life, and I would go back and do both days over and over again. We had planned on having a baby on the 12th, but God's plans were for the 8th, and that was so evident because everything just fell into place perfectly.
Let's fast forward one month....
Braxton has made many milestones and his personality is really starting to show. He...
loves to stare at the light.
can already hold his head up really well.
has a very strong grip and can pull mommy's hair.
loves to be held.
loves bath time.
loves to eat.
is really good at spitting up all over himself and whoever is holding him.
will stop crying immediately when you take him outside.
loves to go on walks in the stroller.
has a really long tongue and loves to stick it out.
makes velociraptor noises.
loves his pacifier but is not good at keeping it in his mouth. (This makes him very mad!)
hates to have his diaper changed.
stretches everytime you pick him up.
does what I call the "Naked Man Dance" when you take off his clothes.
is very spoiled and knows it!
Blake and I decided to hold a photoshoot today. We had a lot of fun and may have gotten a little carried away with all of the pictures. We have posted those pictures, along with a few others, and some videos to our smugmug picture webpage. http://birkenfeld.smugmug.com/ (password is aggie) Here are a few for your viewing pleasure!
Can you pick out Braxton in this picture?

I told you I was good at holding up my head!

I think he looks just like me (his mommy) in this picture! Mom and Dad, you need to find a picture of me at this age to compare.

Braxton is already full of questions at such a young age. (Insert Jared's impersonation of Braxton's nerd voice.)

Braxton loves his big sister and his big sister loves him!

Okay, never mind!

Happy one month birthday Braxton! We love you and look forward to many many more!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness he does look like you! And Jared too a little bit? Can't believe he's one month old!! Hold on tight because it goes by SO FAST. BLESSINGS!!!!
Our nephew is so precious! Happy One Month Birthday sweet boy!! We will see you in a few short weeks!
Love y'all!
So so sweet! I can't wait to have a day off to come play!!
Post a Comment