Blake and I got to escape for the evening. We enjoyed dinner at Johnny Carino's, frozen yogurt for dessert, and the movie "He's Just Not That Into You." (I found out that my cousin Bevin and her boyfriend went on the exact same date. Weird huh?) It was nice to spend time with just each other and much needed, but it was also nice to come home to our baby boy. Some of the best advice that we got before Braxton was born was to remember who we were before we were a family of 3. Nana and Pops enjoyed the evening too! They kept telling us to enjoy and not rush home too fast! I'm pretty sure Braxton was never put down the whole time we were gone. :)This year I realized that Valentine's Day isn't just a holiday for couples but also a holiday for families. I was very surprised to see all of the families that went out to eat and to the movies. I also was proud to say that I had two Valentine's this year! Here is a picture of my two boys with their Valentine.
We have adjusted to our new life pretty well, but we will be readjusting again when I go back to work on March 12th. Ick! I am not looking forward to that day. I'm sure it will be a day of many tears, and they won't be coming from Braxton. :( I went to the doctor today for my six week check up and everything looks good. Braxton doesn't go back to the doctor unitl his 2 month check up, but we know he is growing like a weed! His newborn outfits barely fit him anymore!!!What kind of mother would I be if I didn't mention our other child Chelsy girl!? She is still doing well, but some new issues have come up. First of all, she got her name written on the board at daycare last week! (This is to let the workers that come in later that day who they might need to watch.) There was a new dog there that day that Chelsy just didn't really like very much. No reason, but maybe that new dog didn't smell right, or maybe Chelsy thought it was too pretty and she didn't like the competition (Chelsy knows that she is the prettiest dog at daycare.), or the fact that it was still a puppy could've been it too. Well, Chelsy felt the need to put that new dog in its place and let her know who was boss. There was no biting (thank goodness!) but just a verbal attack. Enough though to get her name on the board! I called the next day and had a parent-teacher conference to find out what exactly happened and apologized. It all sounds funny, but Blake and I are a little bit concerned. We hate for her to keep up this behavior and not be allowed to go to daycare anymore. Pray that it all turns out okay. She still does well at home, if you don't count the big hole that she dug in our backyard. :)
All is well in the Birkenfeld household! Stay tuned for more updates. I think Braxton's first smile will be happening soon. I can feel it coming!
1 comment:
He is just too precious! I'm glad ya'll got to go out on a date for Valentine's Day. I'm sorry to hear about Chelsy....Simba stayed with friends while we were in Texas and snapped at the little girl one day...we almost were left with no one to keep Simba because of her behavior so I definitely understand how you must feel about Chelsy! I'll definitely give you a call sometime soon so we can catch up!
Post a Comment