Wednesday, June 10, 2009

5 Months



Here is Braxton's 5 month picture, a couple days late. I know that I have been slacking on the blogging lately. It's been a busy end of the year at school. My summer officially started at 3:00 today! These professional developments/trainings have been never ending! While I'm on the topic of school... (Don't worry I will get to the Braxton part soon. I know that is why you are all reading this.) We have decided that I should work this next year. I had mentioned in a previous post that I wasn't feeling a peace about the decision of staying home. I know it's because God is not done with me at L.D. Bell. We also decided that it would just be a better financial decision. I feel very good and confident in this decision. The goal is still for me to stay at home some day, but it's just not time yet. Trust me! I want to stay at home with my babies!

Baby Boy is doing great and growing and discovering new things every day! He is just so much fun right now! Here are some things he is doing right now.
  • Rolling over from his back to his stomach. Most babies roll from their stomach to their back first, but not Braxton! Braxton gets onto his stomach and then starts to scream. He gets too mad to even try to roll back over. Hopefully he'll get it down soon.
  • Squealing when he is happy. I took him to school on our workday last week, and Braxton squealed the whole time my principal was giving a presentation. Everybody thought he was so cute!
  • Pulling my hair or anything else he can get a hold of
  • Wanting soooo badly to sit up on his own but just not quite there
  • Still loves baths, going outside, and watching his mobile
  • Typically sleeps about 6-7 hours solid through the night. I usually just have to get up one time during the night.
  • No teeth yet but drools enough to fill a swimming pool full of spit
  • Braxton loves to ride in the jogging stroller when we go for walks. He is now big enough to sit in it facing forward. He is totally chill and content the whole time looking around at the world. He looks hilarious though all strapped in! It looks like he is about to go parachuting! (See picture below)
  • Fights naptime. We usually just have to let him scream until he finally gives in and goes to sleep, but putting him to bed at night is easy.
Braxton is much longer than he is wide! He needs 6-9 months in footsie pajamas for the length, but the rest of the pj's swallow him. If he keeps growing like this, he's going to be over 6 feet!

Braxton did great on our trip to Canyon. He slept the whole time in the car and loved being held by family the whole time. Here are just a few pictures from our trip. If you want to see more, then go to our smugmug. We do plan on making another trip to Canyon at the end of June/beginning of July.



Chelsy girl is doing great too. She still goes to daycare once a week and loves it and is still one of the favorites. She also still follows me everywhere Braxton and I go. Sometimes when I get up in the middle of the night to feed Braxton, she will be laying by his door waiting for me. She'll just look at me like, "What took you so long? Don't you hear him crying?"

Blake is doing great. I think he is most excited about summer because that means daddy daycare is officially closed. :) I think he loved the experience, but it was just getting too hard with Braxton being awake more often. Work load increasing with Braxton sleeping decreasing was not a good mix here at the end. I would like to especially thank our mothers (Nana and Mimi) and our church small group for helping us out! Next year Braxton will go to a woman's house for daycare. She just keeps 4 babies, and they are all under the age of 2. She is a very nurturing, Christian woman, with a wonderful home, and 17 years of experience. I think it is going to work out well, although I will proably ball like a baby that first week that I have to drop Braxton off.

Our summer plans consist of a couple of Canyon trips, a mini family staycation to somewhere around this area (any suggestions?), and a trip to see our niece that will be born sometime in July!

I hope all is well with everyone. I hope to see everyone very soon! I will try to be better about blogging now that it is summer. I'm off to go get ready for my Zumba class! Peace and love!









4 comments:

Megan said...

Love all the new pictures! You can tell he is SO HAPPY! And I'm very excited that yall will be coming back to Canyon soon! Let me know...love you!

Unknown said...

Nana and Pops think, no KNOW, he is the prettiest, smartest, precious baby in the world! He needs us to love on him SOON!

Megan said...

He has gotten so big just since last month! We have one pretty precious nephew! Can't wait to see y'all in July!

Love you!

Denese said...

Hi guys - that's exactly what I was going to say - I can't believe how much he's grown & changed just since May 30! That was such a fund weekend in Canyon/Tulia and getting to meet Braxton & Breck in person finally. Hope ya'll have a terrific summer and hopefully I'll get to see ya'll again when Miss Sawyer makes her debut. Love to all - Denese