
No, nobody has the swine flu here! Pray that we don't get it! As of right now, there are no confirmed cases in my school district, so school is still up and running! In fact, I'm going to the prom tonight! I sure don't want for any children to get sick, but I sure could use the week off! :) My students have been extremely dramatic about the whole thing. With text messaging, rumors fly all around the school, and the kids believe everything they hear. It makes me crazy! On top of the whole swine flu outbreak, it was TAKS week. That makes the kids even crazier! I'm glad this week is over.

Braxton boy is doing great! He is growing like a weed! He goes to the doctor next Friday, so we will know exactly how long he is and how much he weighs. He has started some new things. He is really trying to sit up. When we lay him in his chair, he raises up his head trying to sit up. Last week we put him in his bumbo seat, and he loved being able to sit up! He still has to have support on his back, but he loves to be able to see everything. Here is a video of it!
Braxton is also very chatty! He gets that from his Dad! ;) He says "Ooooh!" to everything, especially shadows. We have a shadow puppet show every day, and he just thinks it's hilarious. Here is a video of him being chatty.
Braxton is also grasping things and putting them in his mouth! He especially likes to suck on his hands or your arm if you are holding him. We usually end up with either spit up or slobber all over us!
Overall, he is a very happy baby! He loves attention! He usually gets mad if you walk off from him, and he can't see you, but he is also content to lay in his crib to watch his mobile. He also loves to watch TV! This is not a good habit to start. I think he just likes the light and the sound. His favorite though is to dance. He absolutely loves to watch you sing and dance to him! He gets so excited, he'll start kicking his legs like he is dancing too! Last week his Mimi Teresa was in town, and he would sit and watch her do a workout video every day.
Braxton is almost 4 months old! Time has really flown by! Braxton is such a joy, and we can't imagine our lives without him.
Chelsy girl is doing great! She is going back to doggy daycare and has done well every time! She is back to her old self!

We have updated the picture website with new pictures and a lot of videos! Go check it out!
Blake and I are also asking for prayers about my job situation for next year. The plan had always been for me to stay be a stay-at-home mom when he had kids. However, in order for me to stay at home with Braxton, I will have to get a part-time job for some extra income. Mainly to help with insurance! Lately I have really been second guessing myself about quitting my job. I do not know if this doubt is because I am not trusting in the Lord that he will provide or because maybe it's not time for me to quit my job just yet. I also worry about the part-time job situation. I am worried that I would be so miserable at my part-time job that I rather be teaching full-time. I would like a part-time job in education so that I still had the same holidays and no nights and weekends, but most schools don't have part-time jobs. So here's what it boils down to...I want the perfect job! :) Does anybody have any ideas on anything? Just please pray for us and especially me that I follow God's will for my job for next year and feel a peace about it. I am just ready to make this decision because I don't like not knowing the plans. If only God's timing matched up with mine...
Blake's job is going really well. He has so much work that they (he and his boss/partner) are having to hire out others to help get it all done. That is a good problem to have. Blake still loves working from home and loves his job and boss. The Lord blessed up by introducing us to the Hunt family.
As you can see, we are doing great! We will be making our first roadtrip to Canyon Memorial Day Weekend! Ready or not, here we come! We can't wait! Love to all!
4 comments:
hey! have you thought about substituting? they tend to pay REALLY well, there's never a weekend to work, you have no "outside" time to committ to the students or lesson plans, and when they call you, you can say "yes" or "no" depending on your plans! Just an idea:)
I can't WAIT for you to be here! I am absolutely in love with baby Braxton and can't wait to finally meet him!! I NEED to talk to you...I am calling TODAY after church!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
What a precious little Aggie to be - can't wait to meet him in Canyon! See ya'll soon, Denese
You could check out local churches in your area who do dare care or school a few days a week. Also, some private schools only go 3 or 4 days a week here in Lville, so maybe you could find something like that!
Post a Comment