
Wow how time flies when you are having fun! I can't believe that we are parents of a 2 month old baby! Before we know it, we will be sending him off to college! We just got back from Braxton's 2 month well check up and everything looked great. Braxton is weighing in at a whoppin' 10lbs. 10oz. and is 22 inches long! He is still in the lower range for weight and length, but the doctor is not concerned in the least bit. That is to be expected since he was 2 weeks early. Plus, his parents just aren't big people! The doc said he looked good and healthy. Even though he didn't say it, I'm pretty sure he thought he was the cutest baby he has ever seen. Braxton also got his first round of vaccinations, and he did really well! He only cried a little bit, but his face was just so sad. The look of shock on that child's face when the nurse stuck him in the leg was just pitiful!
In other news, I am headed back to work this Thursday. I am absolutely dreading it. I start to cry every time I think about having to leave Braxton. I'm sure I will be a basket case on Thursday and Friday. Luckily next week is spring break! This way I will just ease myself into it. However, I do have a good schedule and hopefully a good set of kids. My school does trimesters, so it will be a whole new set of kids that I've never met when I return. I have last period conference which starts at 2:40, so I can get home early to Brax, Blake, and Chelsy.
Blake plans on taking care of Braxton during the day while I'm at school. We may be in over our heads with this, but we are hoping to tough it out for these two months until it's summer. Braxton is usually good during the day so hopefully Blake will be able to get some work done. I'll just have to hurry home each day so that Blake can work some during the evenings. Our Moms plan on coming some too to help out. If anybody else wants a little mini vacation to babysit Braxton during the week, then let us know! How could you not want to play with a little face like this!? :) Please pray for us while this is a big transition.

Braxton has been sleeping really well lately. We have been trying to get him to sleep on his back in his crib, which he really hates. Last night we did what all parents usually have to do...we just let him cry himself to sleep. It took about 45 minutes, but he finally gave in and slept for 5 hours! I have been just getting up about one time in the middle of the night and then again around 7-7:30. Hopefully he will keep this up so that I'm not too exhausted when I go back to work. Praise the Lord that Braxton is nothing like what his Mommy and Daddy were as babies! Look at how innocent he looks when he sleeps!


Big Sister Chelsy still thinks she is a little momma. This has been a problem at daycare. She has been picking out a dog each week, such as Bisby the labradoodle, and attacking it each week. The women also say that she won't play and walks around acting depressed. I think I have finally figured out her problem. Chelsy knows that Braxton, Blake, and I are all at home together without her! So we have decided to take a little break from daycare for a while. Plus we were told we had to! Hee Hee! Hopefully me going back to work will help her reestablish our old routine, and it will take care of the problem. Maybe.
We have updated the smugmug website so check it out. Here are some pics from it for your enjoyment! Love and peace to all!
How do you like the placement of the towel?



4 comments:
He is just too cute! I cannot believe he's already 2 months old. Can hardly wait till Wednesday to find out if Braxton will have a boy or girl cousin!
Love - Denese
OH! He is so cute. In person and in photos! Also, he has a cute little hiney! Much cuter like that than when it is covered in baby doodie! ;)
He is definitely precious when he sleeps! I've gotta say, I love the expression he's making in th second one! I meant to call you tonight after I got Bradley down but suddenly it was 9 for me so I didn't want to wake you up just in case you were actually getting some sleep! Good luck going back to work and I'll try to remember to call you tomorrow :).
We love that little guy!
We have some friends that the two 4 year old cousins are set on marrying each other. Their parents have to explain to them daily why that isn't possible. I have a feeling we will be doing the same thing with Braxton and Sawyer.. he's just so darn cute!
Post a Comment