A lot of "firsts" have been happening a lot here in the Birkenfeld household! We finally decided to get our bubble child out and let him experience the real world. We are getting that immune system built! Within the last week, Braxton has gone to church, small group, out to eat, shopping, and the list goes on! We have had grandparents, aunts, uncles, great grandparents all visiting during this spring break and have had a lot of fun.
Braxton did really well at church for the first time...until the music stopped. He was not at all interested in listening to the sermon, so Braxton and I joined about 8 other moms and babies in the "cry room." It's a room with a TV and rocking chairs for parents and children to go when their baby is crying and still be able to listen and see the sermon.
Braxton's first restaurant trip was to PF Changs. He just slept the entire time! Since then he has been out to eat about 4 more times! We've decided that loud restaurants are the best because he likes the noise. Plus other people can't hear him cry.
The greatest news is that Braxton loves to shop! He went shopping 3 straight days with my Mom and me. He did really well as long as we didn't push the limit. The first day we went shopping in downtown Grapevine, which is really neat! He did great until Mom mentioned going to Kohl's. The child screamed his lungs out and did so until we got him home! Needless to say, the Kohl's trip was put on hold until the next day. :)
My spring break is coming to a close and reality is about to really set in. I did go back to work for 2 days before spring break, but it wasn't too bad because I knew spring break was just around the corner. Those 2 days were not easy. Braxton did just fine, Blake did just fine, it was momma that did not. I teared up just about every time I heard, "Glad you're back! How's that baby!?" Maybe Monday I'll do better? Doubt it!
Well, I better go cheer on those aggies! They are about to beat #1 UConn! I'm smelling an upset! No wait! That's just Braxton's diaper. There has been some rumbling in his pants the whole time I've been typing this post. He is one loud pooper! Thanks and gig 'em!
No comments:
Post a Comment