



I am way past due for his 6 month update, but it is better late than never! We have had a lot going on lately and been out of town a lot, so I am going to try to catch up on my blogging this week. I have a lot of adventures to share...4th of July in Canyon, first family vacation, baby cousin Sawyer, and so on!
Let's start with the 6 month Braxton update:
Braxton weighed 15 lbs. 10 oz. at his 6 month appointment. That put him in the 25th percentile. However, he was 27 1/2 in. long! That put him in the 75th percentile! So what does that mean? He is long and lean! The doctor said he is very healthy and even commented on how strong he seemed!
Braxton is really starting to develop into a little boy. He now has his first two bottom teeth, he is sitting up (for a little bit at least and then he topples over), and he is eating solid foods! Wow, that has been a messy adventure! Braxton is a really good eater and picked it up immediately. Some foods that we have tried have been rice cereal, bananas, sweet potatoes, avocado, and peas. He has loved them all! However, Mommy and Daddy have not loved the poopy diaper changes! Although less frequent, they are much more disgusting and stinky!


Braxton has such a fun personality, but really what baby doesn't? He giggles and makes tooting noises with his mouth all of the time. He is so much more aware of everything. He recently discovered Chelsy. He will watch her and laugh at her all of the time. Chelsy likes to eat her dog food when Braxton is eating in his high chair, but Braxton gets too distracted watching Chelsy that a lot of times the food ends up somewhere else besides his mouth. I know I have shared this video with a lot of you, but for those of you that haven't watched it, you are in for a treat!
Braxton is really good at grabbing things. He is always reaching for the remote control, the food on our plates, or anything else near by. Not only does he like to grab things, but he likes to grab things and then drop them on the floor. I am not sure how to handle this though. Do you tell him no and not give the toy back to teach him a lesson? Or do you just keep picking up the toy and handing it back to him? Any suggestions?
Braxton is sleeping pretty well. Last night he slept all night. The night before he woke up at 2 a.m. but then cried himself back to sleep. The night before he woke up and didn't cry himself back to sleep. (Mommy had to get up!) It just depends on the night. A lot of the problem is because we have been out of town and out of our routine. Hopfully we will get back on track this week!
Like I mentioned earlier, I have a lot to blog about because a lot has been going on. Instead of making one giant blog post that would take forever to read, I am going to post several times this week...hopefully. :) Until then you can go here to our smugmug website to see the updated pictures and vidoes. That is it for now. I'm sure I left something out. I've got to help Blake go make the baby food. Yes, we make our own baby food! It's easy, cheap, and healthy!
I'm going to leave you with a look at the past 6 months and how much our baby boy has changed! Love to all!





2 comments:
Robyn,
First of all, Braxton is getting SO BIG! What a cutiepie!
Secondly, Malachi ALSO loves to pick up everything and drop it on the floor. Only now, instead of merely dropping things, he's throwing them. At first we played the game, now, we don't because he's starting to do it ANYWHERE he goes and sometimes he throws things when he's mad. So, he gets told no once, and I try to catch him before he does it and tell him no. He seems to be doing MUCH better with that. However, when he does throw it even after being told no, he gets a little swat to his hand and he doesn't get whatever he threw back. Just a look into what we're dealing with. (Of course, Malachi is 14 months, so at 6 months, it's DEFINITELY not what we're dealing with)
Have fun with your cutiepie for the rest of your summer! Oh, and BTW, Thomas and I are working diligently to get our debt paid off so that I can be a SAHM too...I understand wanting to, but knowing that now just isn't the right time. I'll be praying for you!
Ok, that video is hilarious! He's such a happy baby! I think a baby laughing is just about the sweetest and best sound in the world! I'll give you a call this week!
Shanna
Post a Comment