Saturday, April 11, 2009

3 Months


Braxton is officially 1/4 of a year old! Pretty soon we'll be sending him off to college! These past three months have been such a blessing, and Braxton seems to become more fun every day! I can't wait to see what these next 3 months have in store for us!


Braxton weighs approximately 13 lbs and is about 24 inches. That seems big to us but is probably a bit small for babies his age. He is one healthy and happy baby boy though! He really recognizes Blake and I as mommy and daddy now because he grins at us whenever we walk into a room. His smile can truly melt your heart, so I can only imagine the girls' hearts he is going to break when he gets older...much older!

Braxton has also become a lot more vocal. He is really chatty with all of his goos and gaas. When he gets really excited he'll yell "Aah!" really loudly. He hasn't had a full blown giggle quite yet, but he is working on it.

Braxton still loves music. He really likes to dance. I will lay him in his chair, and he will just kick his legs back and forth causing his rocker to rock back and forth. My Dad, aka Pops, calls it restless leg syndrome. :)

Braxton is still sleeping well. He wakes up one time during the night, usually around 3-4 a.m. By the time I am ready for work, Braxton is awake again ready to eat and start the day with Daddy.

Speaking of, Daddy Daycare is going really well. Better than expected! Blake still has some good days and bad days with Braxton, but for the most part, they are good. He usually just has to feed him 3 times during the day. Braxton is usually awake and happy laying in his chair or swing, but occasionally he will insist on laying on Daddy's chest. Somehow Blake can still work on his computer like this, but I doubt he is quite as efficient. I usually get home about 4-4:30 to relieve Daddy of his duty, and he will work several more hours while I play with baby, puppy, prepare dinner, etc. Overall, we got a pretty good system working.

Big Sister Chelsy is doing well. She still loves Braxton very much. She likes to prove this by licking Braxton's face if we are not paying attention! Ick! We are going to try doggie daycare again on Monday. Pray that all goes well, and she is over her "weirdness." We asked our vet about her lashing out at other dogs, and he said it's probably because she is having trouble determining who is "alpha" at home, so she is sure to establish this at daycare. Makes sense to me!

Here are some pictures of Braxton from our picture page. I can't ever decide who Braxton looks like! Tomorrow is Easter, so we will take some pictures of that too! Stay tuned! Love and peace to all! Happy Easter! He is risen!

In this picture I think Braxton looks like Blake's cousin Tanner, which means he looks like a Birkenfeld.


I think he looks a lot like me in this one!

He looks like my brother Jared in this one.
He sleeps in the funniest positions and places!

Let's hope this statement is true for just about 18 'ish years.


This has been a favorite among many people.

Happy baby in his cloth diapers! Yes, we still do cloth and it is still going well. We do use disposables at night and when we go somewhere.
Family photo taken before church last week. We are one blue family!

4 comments:

Megan said...

One BEAUTIFUL blue family! Love the new pictures! I can't believe how big he's getting!!! I can't wait for yall to be in town so I can see him! Love you bunches and let's talk soon!

Denese said...

Great pics guys! You all look very happy & healthy - what more could you ask God for! Be blessed and I hope that Master Braxton has a wonderful first Easter! Love, Denese

Megan said...

Three months already! My goodness! Another three months and Sawyer will already be here.. it has flown by!

Give our precious nephew a huge hug and kiss for us. Tell him we will see him in a few weeks! :)

Love y'all bunches!

Megan said...

**Sawyer will almost be here. :)

My mom and I posted at the exact same time.. weird. lol.