Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ho! Ho! Ho! Happy Thanksgiving!

Blake, Chelsy, and I made our last trip to Canyon until Braxton arrives. It was really strange to think that the next time we make that drive, we will have a baby in the backseat! We don't know how we are going to bring everything! Leave Chelsy home? Nah! Don't be so silly! I am now not allowed to travel too far from DFW since I am over 33 weeks! We are just weeks away! That means Christmas will be celebrated here in Keller!

I had a doctors appt. last week. Everything is still looking great. Currently, Braxton is breech, but my doctor said that babies usually don't settle into their birthing position until about 36 weeks. He is going to do a sonogram on Christmas Eve (yes, the office is opened on Christmas Eve!), just to check Braxton's position and to look at everything else. Blake is excited just to get another confirmation that Braxton is in fact a boy. Otherwise, a little girl would be stuck wearing a lot of blue and brown and sleeping in a blue and brown nursery!

We are just about done with the nursery. Just have a few finishing touches left. I cannot take much credit for it because Blake has worked very hard on it. My artistic cousin Bevin and her roomate Rachel came over a couple of weeks ago and painted the "Braxton" letters and helped me to decide on where to hang everything! The letters turned out precious! I painted the "A" and the "N." Don't look too closely because you will be able to tell that a non-artsy person did those. :) Here are some pics of the nursery so far. You can see more on our picture page.


We have been spoiled beyond what we deserve with the many showers and gifts. We feel so blessed and so loved. Chelsy loves all of the new baby toys she has received for her new room! If we don't watch her closely, she will take off with a teddy bear or some other baby toy. She is very confused because anything that is soft and squishy and squeaks has always been hers.

Blake and I decorated the house for Christmas the other night. We realized that this time next year, we won't be able to have too much decor on the floor or ornaments on the bottom of the tree because there will be a little baby trying to grab a hold of everything and put it in his mouth.

We are all doing great. Blake and I are both busy with work trying to get stuff done before Braxton arrives. We are wrapping up our birthing classes and just trying to enjoy the two of us these last couple of weeks. We ask for a couple of specific prayers:

1) Blake being swamped (in a good way) with work during this busy time in our lives.
2) My preparation for the sub while I'm on maternity leave.
3) That the perfect sub falls into place!
4) My labor and delivery
5) Our transition into parenthood
6) Safe travel for family when they come to visit.

Thanks and God bless! Love to all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so exciting, robin! and i know this is silly... but i still can't believe ya'll are in miami! what part do ya'll live in? my parents are in hidden lakes off of davis blvd. if we are close to ya'll i'd love to come see you while we're home just to say hi if ya'll had time! hope all is well and brian and i will be praying those things for you, and for continued healthy growing of that precious baby :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha, obviously i'm delirious. i meant i can't believe you're in KELLER. not miami :)

Megan said...

Cute new background!

Can't wait to see y'all again so soon!

Love you!

Megs

Lindsey said...

I love the baby room!!! I can't wait to see baby B come into the world!!

Bevin Butler said...

I'm so excited for yall! I wish I wasn't so busy this last week of being close, or I'd come have one last visit before heading home. I'll have to come see yall when I get back in January. Baby Brontax needs to meet his new, most favorite, cousin!
:)

Don Mark and Heather said...

the room is SO cute!! it was good to see y'all! have a great Christmas and a great delivery!

Shanna said...

I love the nursery! You've done a great job on it!