Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Final Stretch....literally

Today I am 28 weeks and officially in the third trimester! It feels like we just found out that I was pregnant and now this baby will be here in less than 3 months! It seems like the other day I was just looking in the mirror trying to see a little bulge, and now I look in the mirror and I can't see anything but a bulge! Baby Braxton is growing like crazy and is very active. He responds to sound. He usually starts kicking when my alarm goes off in the morning. He started dancing to the loud music at church the other day. He also kicked Blake in the ear when he put his head on my stomach.

I am still feeling good. However, I am starting to get those aches and pains that come with the growing belly. I occasionally have braxton-hicks contractions, which is a really weird and an uncomfortable feeling. I do consider myself very lucky because I really haven't had a very difficult pregnancy. I actually love being pregnant. (I'm sure I'll feel differently in a couple of months.)

I went to the doctor today for my regular check up and my glucose test for gestational diabetes. I will find out the results tomorrow, so hopefully everything turns out well. I am meausuring 27 in. which is about right considering I am just barely 28 weeks. (Your belly is supposed to be an inch for every week.) My weight gain is just right. Not too much and not too little. (I've gained about 18 lbs. for those of you that are curious.) I have some recent pictures of me and my belly, but they are on Dad's camera in Canyon, so he will have to send them to me so that I can post them on here. I was the pregnant bridesmaid in a wedding this past weekend, so I will get pictures of that soon.

We haven't done much else with the nursery. We are kind of at a stand still until we have our showers. I'm having one at school next week! :) I need to paint the "Braxton" letters, but I think I am going to have to recruit my crafty cousin Bevin to do that. Bev, when can you come over? We will have a paint night! What do you think?

Papa Blake is doing great. He has been really busy with work. He has spent this whole week at a emergency doctor medical conference promoting his latest software. It went really well, and they are hoping to get a lot of clients. He is really busy with work, which is a good thing. I asked him the other day if he still loves his job and he said "yes." That's all that counts! He had quite the experience in Chicago. On top of attending the conference, being wined and dined by doctors, he also got to attend a Madonna concert. Blake + Madonna concert in Chicago = culture shock. He will just have to tell you about the experience himself, but he did call me from the concert and said, "I'm not in Texas anymore baby!" Now Blake would never pay the money nor would he even attend such a concert if everyone else wasn't going too. He did say it was very entertaining and Madonna is really amazing. It was quite the production. He emailed me the following pictures from his iphone.
Big Sis Chelsy had a busy and exhausting week because she got to attend daycare everyday while Blake was gone. She has come home absolutely exhausted. The ladies at the daycare said she was very playful but would try to nap once things calmed down. However, she wasn't too exhausted to bark at the horses today while we were leaving daycare.

As you probably can tell, everything is great in the Birkenfeld household. We are just getting ready for our bundle of joy and praise God everyday for such a miracle. Being able to grow a child in your body just reminds us of how powerful and wonderful God truly is! We love you all and will see you soon!

No comments: