Our trip to The Plant Shed was kind of funny because we had no clue what to get or not to get. We had decided to do mostly perennials so that we don't have to redo the flower bed every year. However, I do not have as green of a thumb as my mother and Grandma, so we may have to redo it every year anyway.
We planted hardy hibiscus, asparagus fern, lantanna, flame acanthus, some small plant that I can't remember the name of, and a couple of hanging pots. We also bought a trellis, but have not planted anything for that yet. If you have any good suggestions of what to put there, let us know! The spot gets morning sun and is in the shade the rest of the day. We also would like to put in a little fountain there too.
Here are some pictures.
You can view more pictures of the flower bed, our beach trip, and latest Canyon trip on our picture website.
http://picasaweb.google.com/blakebirkenfeld
http://picasaweb.google.com/blakebirkenfeld
Everything is going great in the Birkenfeld household. Blake and Chelsy are getting very spoiled having me home everyday. Blake gets fed breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and Chelsy gets to play all day and help me out around the house. I have more summer projects to come, so be looking for more posts on that!
My pregnancy is still going well. Symptoms are still in full swing. I am now 11 weeks! We go to the doctor next Thursday on the 10th. By that time, I will be over 12 weeks. I can't wait for that appointment to hear that everything is still okay. Keep up the prayers!
My pregnancy is still going well. Symptoms are still in full swing. I am now 11 weeks! We go to the doctor next Thursday on the 10th. By that time, I will be over 12 weeks. I can't wait for that appointment to hear that everything is still okay. Keep up the prayers!
2 comments:
CUTE! We just planted some new flowers and trees in our yard! How fun! Let me know how your appointment goes!
WOW - your flower bed is beautiful & looks very professional. We have a vine that would work on your trellis - it's jasmine but does attract bees when the wonderful smelling white flowers are in bloom. Chelsey might not like bees or vice versa! Well it sounds like ya'll are having a fun & relaxing summer which is good since next summer will be oh so different - LOL. Glad to hear your feeling normal for being pregnant - take care of yourself and Happy Bday on Monday! Luv, Denese
Post a Comment